Friday, May 18, 2018

Review: Deadpool 2


Deadpool 2016's success and unparalleled humor really raised my expectations from this movie. However, I'm pretty disappointed. It has a lot of jokes but they don't bode well with the scenes they've been put into. I have very mixed feelings about this film. 


The jokes which are funny crack you up so hard, even the guys seated in the cheap seats start judging you. The sheer lack of enthusiasm for this movie could be seen very explicitly in the fact that even its FDFS wasn't houseful.  Don't get me wrong, its not a bad movie and if you're looking forward to watching a movie this weekend, you can go watch this one but I don't see why anyone should go out of their way and postpone their Dentist appointments to go watch it. 



Had this been the first movie in the sequence, I would have been really impressed but since it wasn't, it felt a little repetitive. Not getting killed upon getting shot in the head was funny the first time, this time it just makes you yawn. The movie is extremely funny and excitement in its important moments but honestly, when it isn't funny, its boring to the extent that it made me yawn. 

The plot of the movie is not nearly as interesting as the first one. Josh Brolin's performance as Cable and Brad Pitt's little 2 second cameo get the audience all pumped but excluding those, its pretty much just a movie that promised to be very funny, came close, but then failed miserably. However, I think I'm gonna go watch the Hindi dubbed version of the film and check if its equally pathetic and whether Dopinder voiced by Bhuvan Bam can actually save the film.

I haven't planned an in-depth analysis of this movie just yet. And since I have some pretty interesting stuff reserved for you guys, it isn't likely I'll be posting one. 

Comment below and let me know what you liked about this movie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment